Kissing knees and confederate fish
Adelaide has a sweet, but semi-awkward habit of hugging and kissing strangers. She will grab someone's hand and kiss it, such as a waitress, Target checkout person, or really any person. She will even kiss their pant leg if she needs to give some drive-by loving. We have told her to reserve this kind of affection for family, and close friends, but she explained to me, "I want the person to like me more. More than they even did before." I know she is trying to be a sweetheart, but her effusiveness really knows no bounds. Sigh.
Occasionally Ade comes home from school spouting odd religious information, which she has picked up from the other kids, who are apparently being raised as missionaries... ;-) We don't really mind Ade learning about God and Jesus, but I have to say I find it a little disconcerting considering we are talking about a completely non-affiliated preschool here. In any case, the other day Adelaide came home and told us God made everything. Then she grabbed our hands and said, "See those lines on your hands? God put those there." I asked her how she knew that, and she said she just knew. I asked if she was talking to someone at school about it, and she said no, she just thought about it and knew. Now, Ade would certainly have told me in this conversational way if she had been talking about it with someone at school, so in fact, in this case, maybe she just had a little talk with God directly!
Last weekend we had a fabulous time outside gardening, and dying Easter eggs. My favorite kind of Spring weekend!
|
|







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home