Monday, December 26, 2011

Ho, ho, ho, holidays!

Is there a more magical Christmas time than when you are 4???

Grandma and grandpa came two weekends ago to have a Trunzo family celebration, and she kept them more than entertained. She was a little jealous of the time they spent with Vivian, but overall, we all had a wonderful time. I had come down with a terrible cough days before they arrived, and so did mom. We both ended up on meds right after the visit (I had my first steroid shot, which was AWESOME, btw).

After a very chilled out week at work, Ryan and I took Friday off to spend the day together before Ade was off school for holiday break. We met Jenna and Jon for some delicious German food at J. Betsky's downtown and then saw Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. That evening we went to see a dancing light show that someone had set up in front of their house. Wow.

Christmas Eve we gave Ade a special present from mommy and daddy - her own laptop!!! She liked it. I mean, she played on it for about 3 hours solid that morning! We did have to ask her to step away from the screen at that point, or she probably would have played all day. At one point, one of the games wasn't loading, she said, "Does it have a bug?" I have no idea how she knows about software bugs, but I wasn't prepared to think about defects on my Christmas break.


For the most part, we just hung out all day and relaxed. Of course, we put out the reindeer food on the lawn, cookies and milk, and hunkered down to wait for Santa to make his appearance.


Her excitement was palpable when we heard her call "It's yellow light!" to see that Santa had left her a note with the food he ate.

Adelaide has been asking Santa for an enigmatic rainbow dolphin and a big T Rex that roars and has battlegear. And, he did not disappoint. In fact, mommy was more than thrilled when Ade opened her rainbow dolphin and declared, "This is how I wanted the rainbow dolphin to be!" She was a sweet girl the whole time opened gifts, and so excited to give us the gifts she had picked for us as well (a necklace with an owl on it for me, since she is in the Owls class at school, and a wallet for daddy from Orvis with a lab engrained in the leather).

Ryan and I didn't do too badly either. Ry was excited to finally try a Kindle, and how could he not love his pajama jeans and bacon pickles?!?!? I really liked the gifts that encouraged me to keep up the running I've just recently started, and the funny gifts like the Tibetan oil warmer with Opium-scented oil.





We had an awesome Christmas dinner at Jenna and Jon's last night. The girls were both on the best, and most adorable behavior, even kindly sharing toys and kisses. In fact, Adelaide urgently told Jenna, "I need to tell Vivian something." After Jenna fetched V for her, we heard Ade saying, "How do you make a cow moo?" Yes, indeed, she needed to tell Vivian a joke.


So far, it really has been an awesome holiday. We are all just relaxed! And, we have nothing much at all to do for  our 12 days of Christmas! Ade keeps asking when it will start snowing, but unfortunately, the Christmas snow we had last year is not a standard part of the holiday in NC...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home