Sunday, March 31, 2013

2013 is kicking butt. And I'm sorry.

Okay, I posted before it turned over to April, so I haven't really missed 4 months of posting... this year has been a little more insane than usual, but all in the pursuit of not being so insane generally. After 13 years, I have left IBM and taken a new job!!! I am the VP of Design and Development for PointSource,  focused on enterprise mobility. It has been a lot to take in, but I am LOVING it! I am working with my friend Erik, our CTO, and even have brought Briana on board as well. It is an amazing change for me and for our lives. Though it was such a difficult change to make, once I made the choices it has been no looking back! What else... I went to Athens for my last IBM trip. We had Grammy and Grampy visit us (twice in 2 weeks!). We went to Wrightsville for a weekend with JJV, and then Ade and I went to Pgh for a week of Ade's trackout where Ryan joined us for the weekend.

And now, here it is, Easter today! Because I can't pretend to catch up, I am going to post a zillion pics and then swear an oath to not get this behind again. Cross my heart. Ade's amazingness has ranged from writing entire stories, to discussing the art of Piet Mondrian at the dinner table, to telling her dad, "Wipe my bum, sugar plum!" She is more than a handful. Her favorite bird is a turkey vulture. When I questioned her choice, she told me she likes that they eat dead animals rather than kill the animals. I said that was gross to eat dead animals, and she quickly replied, "YOU eat dead animals." I concede. She is also as sweet as sweet can be. Just yesterday she opened a bag of 2 cookies we got at a restaurant to leave one behind for Carter and Ella, all on her own, just to share.  She is my buddy, and so amazingly awesome and clever. She astounds us.

























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home