"What are we going to do with that daddy?!?"
Adelaide has picked up some of the funniest phrases, and she cracks us up with them daily. Ade has been going to sleep for a month now like a big girl, and it is AWESOME. Each night we brush teeth, get in jammies, kiss OtherParent goodnight, read books in the chair, go potty, lay down in bed for a story, kisses, goodnight. When I put her to bed, she says to me, "Daddy forgot to tell us which story to tell! What are we going to do with that daddy?!?"
The past two weekends we have done a whole lot of nothing, and it has been great. Weekends like this are so replenishing. We get so worn down by our busy lives, and always having the next deadline or planned event to live toward. Although last weekend was overcast by the plague of the DirecTV install, we still enjoyed it.
This week we read one of our favorite bedtime books, and decided this weekend we would cook the items in the book. It says, "I love you like I love blueberry pancakes, I love you like I love strawberry milkshakes." So, Aunt Jenna slept over Saturday night while Jon is at his sister's wedding in Vegas (not a place for preggos). Sunday morning we made blueberry pancakes. Later, Jenna came to sit watch over Ade's nap while Ryan and I did a little "school" shopping during tax-free weekend. For dinner, we made strawberry milkshakes.
We also made some smores with PINK marshmallows, and did a little karaoke singing. Ade sang her "ABCD's" no matter what the song was, and somehow did okay on the scores. She has also been doing a lot of art work, and improving her drawing skills.
![]() | |
![]() |
And, let's not forget last weekend's pee strike. Ade complained Saturday afternoon when she sat down to pee that it hurt. Not sure if she had some minor UTI, or just held it too long and it felt clenched, but she refused to go until Sunday late morning, other than a small difficult pee at Barnes & Noble Sat evening. No matter how much she had to go she managed to hold it even through a warm shower. Finally we put an old pullup on her, which she thought was hysterical, and I told her to go whenever she felt ready. After nervously yelling, "I am peeing now!" and a huge bucket of pee later, all was cured. In the end, this might have been a good thing. Ade was always holding her pee, and I'd tell her to it was going to hurt her if she held it too long. After this experience she goes the instant she feels the need.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home