The Trunzo girls!
What a fun weekend! Although we missed Daddy, who headed to MA to visit the family, we enjoyed our girls weekend. My mom came down to visit, and we packed the visit with both fun things and plenty of relaxation.

Thursday afternoon we just hung out around my house while I finished up some work. Then we went to Target for weekend supplies, and picked up little miss. We went to "the place with the big moose", aka Texas Roadhouse, for dinner with Aunt Jenna, where Adelaide made Grandma cluck like a chicken until she was practically peeing herself with laughter.

Friday, Ade went to school while Grandma and I had to go to "work" - or really, Smithfield outlets. It was so nice to just leisurely shop. I haven't had a whole day to just do as I pleased in I can't remember how long! Then, we had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel (yum!). We went home and I gave my mom a quick tutorial on using a Mac, and then we picked up nuggie. We made a quick stop at Target and had Aunt Jenna over for dinner again.
Saturday we went to gymnastics and then did a little shopping. We went to Nantucket Grill for lunch, and Ade did a frighteningly unprompted set of semi-ghetto Vogue poses in the booth over lunch showing us her bum, and shaking it rather expertly. She even dropped it low, and did some booty shaking hanging onto the edge of her booster seat. Although all of it was shocking, perhaps the most shocking of all was when she turned her head to me and said, "Take my picture!" I think I'll need to steer her talents in the direction of Jennifer-Lopez-fly-girl, and not some other, ahem, direction this talent could take her...
After a lovely nap time, during which I did some work, but also sat outside in the sun with my mom, we had a pasta meal with mom's pasta sauce.

Sunday we talked to Grammy, Grampy, and Dad over iChat, and Grammy showed Ade Kisser the giraffe. Then Jenna, Grandma, and I headed to the Farmer's Market, and ate some fresh treats. We worked/relaxed over naptime again. Grandma, Ade and I went to a really cool new park in Wake Forest, Joyner park, and took a lovely walk and explored some old farm buildings. We ate chinese for dinner with Aunt Jenna and Uncle Jon.
Overall, it sounds like we did SO many activities that it would have felt really busy, but it just felt low-key and relaxing. I really needed a weekend like that, so thanks Mom!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home