Cold beaches and big girl beds
After our bouts of illness, we have really enjoyed the awesome Spring weather the past two weekends.Last weekend, I took off early on Friday and went to the Smithfield outlets by myself. It was some nice me-time for shopping. Then, Saturday we went to the Farmer's market to get some flowers and herbs to plant. We ate at Hayes Barton - yummy! We gardened in the afternoon, which Adelaide really enjoyed. Sunday we didn't do much of anything, which was also really
nice.

This weekend we headed to Wilmington/Wrightsville with Jenna and Jon to stay at Jenna's boss' beach house. Although the
weather was not as ideal as it has been, we still had a great time. We hung out, relaxed, and ate. Mostly we ate. We tried a few times to go over to the beach with Adelaide, but with the wind, it was just too cold to enjoy for even 5 minutes. Adelaide was in love with Uncle Jon this weekend...
weather was not as ideal as it has been, we still had a great time. We hung out, relaxed, and ate. Mostly we ate. We tried a few times to go over to the beach with Adelaide, but with the wind, it was just too cold to enjoy for even 5 minutes. Adelaide was in love with Uncle Jon this weekend...
The big news though is that I converted Ade's crib to a toddler bed this past Thursday! She has been asking when she would get a big girl bed, and we kept telling her that when she sleeps like a big girl she would get a big girl bed. She was SO excited to see her bed, and said, "I promise to be a good girl when I go nunny!" And she was! She climbed in, and I sat by her while she fell asleep the first night. She was asleep by 8:30pm and woke at 6:30am calling for me to come get her. She was sitting up in her bed, but did not get out until I came into the room to get her. What a good girl! (Yes, I put a safety lock on the lever door handle as a precaution too - I didn't want a sleepy stumbler coming down the stairs in the middle of the night...)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home