Sorry for the wet HooHoo.
Every night Adelaide sleeps with a stuffed owl from Pottery Barn Baby, and a quilt folded like a pillow that my mom made her. Both, especially HooHoo, get really gross and dirty. Ade wipes tears and snot on HooHoo nightly. However finding enough time to get HooHoo through a wash cycle is a challenge to say the least.
Today, I started my day by doing a toy purge and packing the Easter decor back up. I threw quilt and HooHoo into the wash, and was proud I was able to get the house in such working order before 9am, the start of my work day. The water utility guys knocked on the door and told me they would be shutting the water off. Luckily, the washer was done with its cycle, so I put HooHoo and quilt into the dryer and ran to shower during the 10 minutes I begged them to leave my water on. Then, I ran to the office to begin my calls. At 10am the HVAC guy came. I handled him while also managing conference calls. I handled my regular job, HR nightmares, employee checkpoints, made an eye doctor appointment, and also managed an executive project I am handling. I created spreadsheets, slides, and managed about 200 emails. I made an egg salad sandwich from dyed Easter eggs while on the phone for lunch. I hardly stopped for 2 seconds to worry about my miserable sinus infection, and powered through. I managed to make a slide update just in time for my upline management, and also negotiated a new leader for a corporate WG to fill a spot we were starting to look very red on. I handled my organization's Twitter account, and answered student emails. I prepared for my MBA class, and looked up swim lessons at the YMCA for Ade.
However. I did not check the dryer. Sitting in class here tonight, desperately trying to care about statistics, I get a text from Ryan that HooHoo and quilt are still soaking wet and Ade is having a fit for bedtime. Oh miserable mommy guilt. Sorry to Ade who needs her lovies to fall asleep peacefully, and sorry to Daddy for having to deal with it. It was a mistake of the worst kind. I try to keep priorities straight, but sometimes I leave things in the dryer. I am so so sorry for the wet HooHoo.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home