"Mommy Stupid?"

Censorship has officially begun. Ryan and I often have conversations while Adelaide is eating, playing, paying attention to anything else. The other day Ryan randomly was in the kitchen talking about something I'd not done, and casually said something like, "Mommy is stupid, she forgot to..." Ade turned to me and said, "Stupid," trying the word on. Then, "Mommy stupid." I tried not to react, and calmly corrected, "No, honey, Mommy SMART."
Also, as I mentioned, the weather went from snow on a Monday to shorts by Friday. Adelaide had gotten used to bundling up to go outside. So, on Saturday when we went for Mexican food, in her shorts and Crocs, she also felt she needed to put her gloves and hat on. I had to bribe her to leave them in the car. I wish I had snagged a picture of that mixed up attire!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home