Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mom month

May is always mom month, because it is both my birthday and Mother's Day ;-)

I kicked off the month in Vegas with my fantastic team at PointSource for IBM IMPACT, where I got a fake PointSource tattoo on my wrist, met Matchbox 20, was Pretty Woman-ed at Herve Leger in the Venetian, and tossed from a bar for climbing a ladder. Amongst other stories ;-) Oh, yea, and we also kicked butt from a business perspective with our great VBar event and demo ped.



Adelaide had a Mother's Day Muffins breakfast where all the kids presented the moms with painted flowerpoints, sang songs, and read a story they wrote about their mom. I might be a tough lady in most situations, but when it comes to my precious girl, I can turn into a sobbing stereotypical emotional mess in no time flat. She is so small and sweet and perfect.



In celebration of mom month, my mom came and stayed with my for 4 glorious days where I took a (partial) break from work, and instead did house projects like clean out my attic - something that has plagued me for over 5 years!

For Mother's Day we RELAXED. I got some awesome flowers, a bath caddy to drink wine and read in the tub, and a new remote for the bedroom TV that plagued me by only working on occasion. ;-) Adelaide got me a peacock figurine. It was a great weekend. We saw Oz at Raleighwood, had froyo, and just enjoyed the days at home together. For my birthday, we had some yummy lobster rolls and cake at Nantucket.

Adelaide continues to be a creative genius. At dinner the other night, she asked me what to draw, and I said a gorilla. Then a macaw. Next thing I knew she had turned them into pirates and gave them a whole crew.

Dakota was making her standard odd noises the other day, and Adelaide was pretending to translate:

  • Ade: She said, "A bird was trying to eat me."
  • Mom: What Dakota, tell us more!
  • Ade: She said, "It was down by the lake."
  • Mom: When was Dakota down by a lake??? What???
  • Ade: She says (listening) "It's a long story."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home