Monday, May 23, 2011

May is the month for mommy!


Ryan and I both always have an interesting May and June because our birthdays coincide with Mother's and Father's days respectively.

This month for Mother's Day, Ade and Ryan made sure that I enjoyed my weekend thoroughly, including an evening trip to the mall with Jenna - our first since Vivian was born. Also, a special shout-out to Ryan, who attended the Mother's Tea at Ade's school because I had a Friday afternoon meeting with some out-of-town colleagues. This is modern parenting at its best. :-)

For my birthday, I went for my annual spa day and had Jenna accompany me this year as the IOU shower gift I bought her. Ryan and I also had Brittney, Ade's teacher, come over to play while we went to see some paintings at The Cotton Company and then to dinner. The weekend was great weather, and lots of fun. My favorite present of course was the one Ade got me: Hungry, Hungry Hippos!!! Ryan's wasn't bad either - a promise to do 2 loads of laundry a week all summer. That man knows the way to my heart! xoxo


This weekend my parents came to visit and the girls had a blast with their grandparents.

In addition to all of the "events" Ade also started her horseback riding lessons. She has enjoyed riding on Jesse several times now, including once while my parents were here. The instructor was impressed at her attention span, and within a few minutes declared, "You all are in trouble" meaning we would be paying for her horse interest for many years to come.

I leave you with Ade's school pictures, including one special photo with her best sleep buddies, HooHoo and Baby Boo.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home