Time for a change, and welcome to Jack!
This month has been something. After some serious discussions, Ryan and I did a gut check and realized we felt it was time to find a new school for Adelaide. After several accidents we weren't thrilled about, the thing that really made our decision was Adelaide's request to go to a new school. She had a lot of change in her room recently - new teacher, kids she has known for years leaving - and she was ready.
So, the day we decided, I made an appointment at Goddard School, and we visited. Now, I am NOT a fan of public crying, ever, no matter the circumstance. Well, the previous Friday Adelaide had told me rather matter of factly that she had played alone all day. When I asked her why, she said, "I don't like the other kids." This silently broke my heart. When we visited Goddard, Ade walked in and immediately started playing with the other kids. And yes, I started crying like a moron.
We visited once already again, and will go back tomorrow, then she starts there officially next Monday after Thanksgiving. This has been a very difficult decision. I had no idea that daycare/preschool issues would be so amazingly hard. Parenting is absolutely the hardest job ever. Sorry, IBM, but no matter what you throw at me, you are still no match.
Other things - Ade likely has allergies, she grew 2 inches and gained 2 lbs since July, we did our poinsettia photo shoot this weekend with Grandma, Jenna and Vivian AND THE BIG NEWS - Ade has another cousin!
Congratulations to Lindsay and Luke, and welcome to the family, Jackson Luke Nolte!

I will leave you with some Adelaide conversations and Adelaide pictures...
- Mommy: "Ade, it says on your paper you were naughty at naptime today." Ade [dead serious]: "Well.. I am not proud of myself."
- [Voice clogged and raspy] "My voice sounds interesting. When I talk, weird noises come out."
- Ade: "Wishes don't come true, right, Mommy?" Mommy: "Sure they do, baby, sometimes." Ade: "My wishes never come true." Mommy: "Mine do - I wished for a wonderful baby, and I got you! I am sure your wishes will come true too!" Ade: "Well, I wish for you to grow another baby in your belly." [Sigh.]



1 Comments:
Ha! Thought of this post last night. D called me upstairs after bedtime, took a deep breath and worked on this thought: "Mommy...when I grow up...I want to be a sister." mmm, yeah. *sigh*
Post a Comment
<< Home