How can October be gone already?


And where did it go???
So, with the arrival of my baby Vivian - ahem, I mean my niece, a trip to Sweden, and Halloween, the month has just disappeared!
A week after Vivian made her entrance, I took a few days off and hung out with them at Jenna's house, which was awesome. Since then V has decided she wants to be just like her cousin, and has developed reflux. Ug for them all.
The Guhs came down to visit their new grand-daughter, and of course we all got to hang out and have tons of fun as well.

![]() |
Then, I headed to Stockholm for work, and Ade and daddy had more time to bond. Before I left, though, we had a sleepover on the third floor, and also I chaperoned a daycare trip to the pumpkin patch.


Luckily, this trip was only 4 nights, and I had a great time. Ade requested a troll, so I brought back 2! :-)


Luckily, this trip was only 4 nights, and I had a great time. Ade requested a troll, so I brought back 2! :-)

Sadly, I returned home to find out my Star had passed away as I mentioned in a previous post. However, that wasn't the only trauma I returned home to. This year for Halloween, Ade was Minnie Mouse. Unfortunately, she was a Minnie Mouse with stitches in her forehead. Yes, you read that right - stitches AGAIN!!! Friday, the day of Ade's party at school, I got a call that we needed to take her to the ER, and off we went after she took a dive on the playground. We had to have a long talk with the daycare after the second incident of this level in only a few months. After reviewing the video tape though, there was obvious supervision. Ade is a bit careless with her body...
So, Ade was again the best kind of trooper she could be. The event was very similar to the last time I wrote it up, including the itchy nose, and covered eyes. Even in the middle of her heaving sobs, she assured me, "It doesn't hurt anymore; I just can't calm down." Immediately after I got to hold her, she said "I love you, mama." She was so relieved to be in my arms, and I thought I would just melt I was so happy for her to be there in my arms.
All of that trauma aside, though, we had a wonderful Halloween. We did some craft projects, made rice krispie spooky ghost, carved a jack-o-lantern, and of course went trick-or-treating. Ade had a glow wand, which she would wave at people and say "Bibbidy -boppity - DO!" (We tried to tell her it was boo, but no.) Then she would inform people that she had put a GOOD spell on them. One of the ladies who she cast her magic on said, "Oh I LOVE you!!!" to her, because she is amazingly adorable. Her Minnie shoes lit up as she walked, which was so fun. On the way home, she said "Look a wishing star! I wish I was a real Minnie! Now you make a wish mama!" She is the most clever little precious yummy sweet girl ever.
![]() | |
Oh, and the best news - when we got the stitches out, it was trauma-free this time! Finally, a break ;-)
Oh, and, we also got our landscaping all redone! Woohoo!!!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home