Business trip
Last Sunday I took Ade for a walk and explained that I would be going on a business trip for a few days and that I would be going to a place called Sweden. She walked alongside me, holding my hand, listening to everything I said. Then she responded, "I'm going to cry." I got down on my knee and said, "No, why would you cry?" And she replied, "I don't want you to go." If only this were a made-up story, but no. After I asked her what she wanted me to bring her back (a pig costume, smurfs, and a teddy bear), she was very brave about it. When it was time for me to leave she said "Stay! I want you to stay, mommy!" But, as heartbreaking as her verbal skills are, she didn't cry when it was time for me to head out.
Daddy made a calendar showing 4 days and she put a sticker on each day until I got back. She was an angel (most of the time), and Ryan of course was an awesome distracting daddy who spoiled his little dear.
I had a good time in Stockholm, and it was definitely a worthwhile trip.
The best part was the big smile my angel gave me when I got home though!This weekend we already had a Christmas party, where we had a great time. Right now Ade is supposed to be falling asleep but instead of singing at the top of her lungs, "It's almost Christmas Daaa--aaa--aaa--aayyy!"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home