Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another day in the life...and some leaves

I finished ordering another printed blog book, and realized I should probably post an updated day in the life...
6am (had been later but Daylight Savings ruined it) Ade yells, "Mommy, it's yellow light!" Ryan and I take turns fetching her. She comes into bed with us for some snuggles, while we snooze a bit. She drinks hot chocolate and watches a little TV.
6:50am Breakfast and getting dressed for school in the sunroom - I get breakfast, make coffee, and feed the dogs while Ryan showers and gets ready for work
7:30am Ade picks out 2 jellybeans on her way out the door to school, Ryan drives her in and they discuss various things such as classical music, locating school buses, and the changing leaves
(Ade naps between 12:30pm-3pm - usually about 1.5-2 hrs somewhere in that time frame both at school and at home)
4:45-5pm Ade arrives home with Ryan, full of demands and telling me about her day; Ade and I talk, eat a snack, watch some TV, play while Ryan makes dinner
5:30pm Eat dinner - we try to all eat at the big table, but sometimes Ade eats at her little table
6pm Play, watch a movie, sometimes take a bath
7pm Start bedtime - put doggies nunnies, brush teeth, put jammies on, and pick out 2 books. Ade puts the books she wants on the chair. We turn on ocean music, turn on the little light by the chair. Ade gives daddy first kiss, mommy gets second kiss from daddy, and Ade gets third kiss. Then Daddy leaves and turns off the big light. I read her books until blue light comes on and then it's time to lay down. I tell her one story sitting by her crib, pat her back for a minute and then leave the room. It is not often a simple parting, but lately she understands that Santa might know if she is being naughty, which has helped :-) She is usually asleep by 8pm.
8pm Ryan and I enjoy our evening!

Two nights a week I had been going to my MBA classes, but two weeks ago I had my LAST EVER evening MBA class!!! Joy, joy!
I still have a few credits to wrap up in the Spring, but they are online, or Saturday classes, so no more night classes! It has been 3 years of this. Jenna watched Adelaide last week so we could go out to celebrate. Ryan and I went to Melting Pot for some luscious fondue and really had an awesome time. (It is SO nice now that others can put Ade to bed!)

This past weekend, Ryan also helped Adelaide to a giant leaf pile of fun:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home