The Great Movie Ride
Adelaide has ALWAYS loved her movies, from the start. So, we decided this rainy weekend would be a great time to take her to her first real movie theatre. We chose G-Force, a Disney movie about guinea pig FBI agents. I had prepped her for the event by telling her bedtime stories about the Princess going to the movies, so she was all ready. On the way there she told us "I'm excited. It's going to be fun. Ade is happy!" What better words could a parent ever hear???

We started the evening by a trip to McD's for some nuggets, then we went to the theatre. Ade was in awe just in the lobby looking at all the posters and bright lights. We went in to get our seat, and she sat on a booster, eating her popcorn, thrilled. I knew the volume was going to be an issue, and it was. When the previews started (many inappropriate for the age group, I have to say), she was initially terrified. "Ade not like it!" she was urgently telling us. She ended up on my lap with her face pressed into my neck, with me telling her I would tell her as soon as the guinea pigs came on. After what seemed like a MILLION previews, finally the movie started, and she relaxed almost immediately. Though, she did remain on my lap the whole time. She got so excited we had to keep telling her to whisper. She even told me when she had to peepee and we took a potty break toward the end of the movie. Overall, it was definitely a success.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home