Friday, July 13, 2007

Baby Hippo

Naturally during baby class Ade decided to wake up and demand attention and feeding, while all the other babies slept or sucked pacifiers. This made her the nurse's choice for a model, and she got to be the demonstration baby for the soothing techniques. I just thought, sure, you hold her for a while, lady.

Then, she was weighed. They tell us a baby gains an average of 5 oz/week. Ade was 7lbs 7oz at her last checkup, and this was 9 days later. She gained an entire pound - 16oz!!! Our little hippo weighed 8lbs 7oz!

Last evening she decided to stay awake for 4 solid hours, and then was so over sitmulated and exhausted. She couldn't figure out how to go to sleep. I needed a little time-out, so I gave her to Ryan and went upstairs to do a few chores. I heard the crying stop, and when I came down, she was zonked out on his chest. I think I have never loved Ryan more than at that moment :-) What a daddy! Speaking of daddy, I don't think I ever mentioned that Ryan bought me some gorgeous sapphire earrings as a gift for pushing out our sweet Adelaide. No, I know sapphire isn't the June birthstone, but I like blue. :-P

Yesterday Ade took a pacifier for a few minutes:

We plan to try a bottle this weekend - wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home