Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Acid reflux and bellybuttons

My sweet Adelaide's crying fits got much worse Monday - in time for Daddy's return to work. I called the pediatrician, and she has been diagnosed with acid reflux. We started her on Axid Monday night, and it seemed to help a little. She was still awake all night, though.

Yesterday she had another crying bout, but it was only once for about an hour and a half. And then she had the most blissful night of sleep ever last night. I slept almost 7 hours!!! I can't tell you how amazing it was. I have been feeling the "baby blues" the past few days - crying at just about everything, so getting this extra sleep was truly heaven. She slept in her carseat placed in the bassinett and only woke to eat. When I changed her diaper around 3am, her cord stump was hanging on by a tiny thread. They said not to pull it, so I diapered her back up like that. At her next change, her bellybutton was revealed! What a big night we had! Now that she is all grown up, I told her it is time for her to get a job :-)

We are headed to a baby class at our pediatrician now, so here is hoping she sleeps and is a good baby during the trip and the class. It is all so unpredictable at this stage... Thanks for the sleep, Ade. Let's keep it up, baby girl.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger kari said...

Oh, this all sounds familiar. Yesterday, I was wailing about life's unfairness and throwing blankets at chairs out of frustration. And Paulina lost her cord, too. This commiserating is almost more fun than whining together about developers or translators. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home