Big adventures in Merrimac
We made the drive to MA, and it was a long one! Adelaide was rather unhappy the first two hours of the trip, but then she settled down and slept a lot of the drive. She was especially happy when Daddy let her drive. Britney's got nothin' on daddy:

We had a great time visiting Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Jordyn, Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Luke. We went to Newbury Port and looked at sailboats:
Ryan and I had a great time at his friends' John and Meadow's wedding reception. We sat with a bunch of his friends who are also new parents, so I got to commiserate about my anxiety over leaving Adelaide for so many hours! Grandma took great care of her, of course, and I am glad to have had her. It was good for me to see that Ade could live without me for 5 hours - even if she refused to eat anything until I got home!
The return drive was a little worse. Ade refused to settle down and we ended up staying at a Courtyard Marriott in Cranbury, NJ. It was kind of nice to get a real night's sleep rather than driving. Ade loves hotels and king size beds.
We finally got home Tuesday around 4pm. Whew. What a weekend.

See all the pics from the trip here.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home